Featured photo credit: NASA/Bill Ingalls
We are excited to announce that our hero brand, BAND-IT, contributed towards the triumphant launch of the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket to the International Space Station on 30 May 2020.
This mission used the 317L (Low Carbon) stainless steel band to secure Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) shielding on cables for the International Space Station and its supply rockets and crew capsules. Aerospace, Aviation and Military take every precaution to ensure that EMI does not compromise operations. BAND-IT cable ties terminate connections and shield cables from EMI, in turn securing personal safety and continuous operations. Our EMI cable ties are specified by commercial and military organizations when failure is not an option.
- Lightweight cable ties offer reduced space mission payload.
- Secure locking to prevent shielding from being pulled away from the connector.
- Installation tools provide a consistent, high retained force clamp.
- Meets critical electrical AS85049C and resistance test procedures (EIA-364-83).
- Meets EIA-364=28E vibration testing.
- Meets MIL-DTL-38999L for connectors, electrical environmental resistance and general specification.
- Diameter reduction ties allow for unlimited variation between the two objects.
Actum Group, through our Banding and Identification Solutions Africa division (BISA), is proud to be the official BAND-IT distributor in Africa with 27 years of product experience to offer. Kindly contact us for assistance.