Antistatic bags come in the following ranges:
- Antistatic: made from polyethylene low charge material. Usually comes in a clear, pink-tinted color. Ideal for non-sensitive ESD items. Available in 500 x 110mm or 500 x 200mm rolls.
- Conductive: packaging made from polyethylene and carbon. Ideal for ESD-sensitive objects. Usually black-tinted.
- Shielding: for highly-sensitive components that are especially vulnerable to ESD. Comes in vacuum-deposited aluminum with layers of polyester and polyethylene film. Appearance is metalized semi-transparent.
ESD packets, boxes and containers safeguard objects from ESD in three key ways:
- By preventing direct ESD impact on the item contained within.
- By dissipating static charge from the package surface.
- By providing a robust exterior for protection against physical impact, as well as dust and humidity.